Territorial Army invited applications from Indian citizens (male and female) for recruitment as an TA Officer through online entrance exam for Commission. The TA is a part of Indian Army that enables motivated young citizens to serve the nation in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. Interested candidates can apply online for the TA Officer Bharti Vacancies through jointerritorialarmy.gov.in up to 21st Nov 2023. Territorial Army Recruitment TA Officer Exam 2023-2024 as online application form, eligibility, salary, selection process, CBT syllabus, centres, notification etc info is given below.
Territorial Army Officer Recruitment 2023-2024
Age Limit – 18 to 42 years as on closing date of application i.e. 21 Nov 2023.
Education Qualification – Graduate from any recognized university and gainfully employed in Central Govt/ Semi Govt/ Private Sector/ Self Employed. Serving members of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
Total Number of Vacancies – 19 Posts (Male-18 and Female-01).
Selection Process, Training, Terms and Pay Scale
TA Officer selection process consists of online entrance exam (CBT), intelligence and personality test. Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (online entrance exam) scheduled to be conducted PAN India exam centres (see below) during 3rd/4th week of Dec 2023. Candidate qualified in online entrance exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board (SSB).
All the candidates will be put to Stage-1 test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. Only those candidates who qualify at Stage-1 will be allowed for the Stage-2 and remaining tests.
The male and female candidates will be placed in separate order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the CBT and SSB tests. Finally, successful male and female candidates will further undergo Medical Board for final selection depending upon vacancies as per organizational requirement.
Physical and Medical Standards – Candidates must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
Embodiment for Training:
1. Six months Pre-Commission Training as provided in TA Rule 20A amended vide SRO 65 dt 29 Apr 2023. (Candidates shall be commissioned in TA only on successful completion of the said Pre-Commission Training).
2. Two months annual training camp every year.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
1. Territorial Army is part time concept with mandatory two months training in a year and does not provide full time career.
2. Serving in Territorial Army do not guarantee pension and the same is subject to embodied service as per organizational requirement.
3. Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
4. Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
5. Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
6. Officers commissioned in Territorial Army may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
Pay Scale (As per 7th CPC):
|Rank||Level||Pay Matrix||Military Service Pay|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500||15500|
|Captain||Level 10A||61,300 – 1,93,900||15500|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200||15500|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12400||15500|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900||15500|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600||15500|
TA Officer Syllabus (CBT Online Exam)
Online exam (CBT) for Territorial Army Officer will be objective type and conducted in one session. The exam will be of 02 Hours duration and consists of total four parts. Each part contains total 25 Questions (01 mark each) as per the Exam Pattern below:
- Part-1 (Reasoning): 25 Questions (25 Marks)
- Part-2 (Elementary Mathematics): 25 Questions (25 Marks)
- Part-3 (General Knowledge): 25 Questions (25 Marks)
- Part-4 (English): 25 Questions (25 Marks)
The standard of the paper in Elementary Mathematics will be of 10th (Matriculation) level, while in other subjects the standard of papers will approximately of graduation level. Negative Marking of 0.33 marks will be applicable for every wrong answers marked by candidates. Qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination will be fixed by the Territorial Army Directorate.
The detailed and latest TA Officer Syllabus is as follows:
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
Part-2 (Elementary Mathematics)
Arithmetic – Number System: natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Algebra – Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
Trigonometry – Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Geometry – Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on: Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles. Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes. Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal, Loci.
Mensutration – Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures (field book). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
Statistics – Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts etc, Measures of central tendency.
Part-3 (General Knowledge)
General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
Examination Centres (State-wise)
Andhra Pradesh: Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam and Itanagar/ Naharlagun.
Bihar: Arrah, Bagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna and Purnea.
Chandigarh: Chandigarh/Mohali, Bhilai Nagar/Durg, Bilaspur (CH) and Raipur.
Gujarat: Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Vadodara.
Haryana: Ambala and Hisar.
Himachal Pradesh: Solan.
Jammu and Kashmir: Jammu, Srinagar.
Jharkhand: Jamshedpur and Ranchi.
Karnataka: Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangaluru and Mysuru.
Kerala: Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram.
Madhya Pradesh: Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur and Sagar.
Maharashtra: Amravati, Aurangabad (MH), Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik and Pune.
Odisha: Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela and Sambalpur.
Punjab: Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala.
Rajasthan: Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota and Udaipur (RJ).
Telangana: Hyderabad, Karimnagar and Warangal.
Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli and Vellore.
Uttarakhand: Dehradun, Haldwani and Roorkee.
Uttar Pradesh: Agra, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut and Varanasi.
West Bengal: Asansol, Howrah, Kolkata and Siliguri.
Documents Required for SSB Interview
Candidates qualified in online entrance exam (CBT) are required to carry the following documents in original along with self-attested copies at the time of SSB Interview:
1. Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded from jointerritorialarmy.gov.in and fill it up in their own hand writing.
2. All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
3. Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving license etc).
4. Domicile/ Residential proof.
5. Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
6. Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
7. Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department/ Magistrate/ Employer).
8. Copy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR) filed.
9. Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
10. Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office along with salary certificate and No Objection Certificate by the department as per attached format.
Online Application Form, Important Dates and Notification
Eligible and desirous candidates can apply online for the Territorial Army Officer Recruitment through the official website www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in up to 21st Nov 2023. To apply online, firstly go to TA application portal and then open registration page to register yourself as a new user (direct links are given below).
Thereafter you can proceed to submit the online application using your Login ID and Password. After submission of online application take the print out of application form for record/reference. The printout of the application form is not required to send to the TA Group Headquarter.
Examination fee – Candidates are required to pay Rs 500/- as exam fee through the modes prescribed on the official website.
Last date of submission of online application – 21st Nov 2023 (11.55 PM)
Online Exam (CBT) date – 3rd/4th Week of Dec 2023
For more details about TA Officer Bharti 2023-2024, you are advised to go through the official recruitment notification, advertisement and instructions by downloading in pdf formats through the links provided below.
Search any information available on this site by the help of the search box above. You may visit later on this page for more updates related to the current and upcoming Territorial Army Recruitment, TA Officer Bharti Exam etc.