Indian Air Force has released notification to organize recruitment rally for the following States at 11 ASC Guwahati and 12 ASC Begumpet (Secunderabad). Eligible unmarried male candidates from all the districts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal etc may participate in the bharti rally for Agniveervayu (Musician) Intake 02/2023. IAF Musician Recruitment Rally 2023-2024 as eligibility criteria, selection process, physical, exam syllabus, selection programme etc info is given below.
Indian Air Force Agniveervayu (Musician) Bharti Rally
The recruitment rally for all the districts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and UTs of Daman, Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & UTs of Lakshdweep and Puducherry (including Yanam) will be conducted at 12 ASC Air Force Station Begumpet (Secunderabad) from 12th Sep to 17th Sep 2023.
The recruitment rally for all the districts of State of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim and West Bengal will be conducted at 11 ASC Guwahati from 12th Sep to 17th Sep 2023.
Pay, Allowances and Allied Benefits – Agniveervayu (Musician) will be paid an Agniveer package of Rs 30000/- per month with a fixed yearly increment. In addition, Risk and Hardship allowances (as applicable in IAF), Dress and Travel allowances will be paid. Perks such as ration, clothing, accommodation and Leave Travel Concession (LTC) shall also be provided as per the existing rules.
Age Limit – Candidates should be born between 26 Dec 2002 and 26 Jun 2006 (both days inclusive).
Educational Qualification – 10th Pass (Matriculation) or equivalent with minimum pass marks from any Govt recognized School/ Board.
Musical Proficiency – Candidates must have proficiency in music with accuracy in tempo, pitch and singing one complete song. They should be able to perform one preparatory tune and any of the notations i.e. Staff notation/ Tablature/ Tonic Solfa/ Hindustani/ Carnatic, etc. Candidates must be able to tune individual instruments (in case of instruments require tuning) and match unknown notes on vocal or instruments.
Candidates must have proficiency in playing any one instrument from list A or B below. It is desirable that the candidates have proficiency to play two instruments (one each from list A and B).
List A: Concert Flute / Piccolo, Oboe, Clarinet in Eb / Bb, Saxophone in Eb / Bb, French Horn in F / Bb, Trumpet in Eb / C / Bb, Trombone in Bb / G, Baritone, Euphonium, Bass / Tuba in Eb / Bb.
List B: Keyboard / Organ / Piano, Guitar (Acoustic / Lead / Bass), Violin, Viola, String Bass, Percussion / Drums (Acoustic/ Electronic), All Indian Classical Instruments.
Musical Experience Certificate – Candidates should have any one of the following experience certificate:
Grade 5th or equivalent or above in one instrument from a recognized music institute such as TCL or RSM, KM Music Conservatory, Bangalore School of Music, TSM, GMI, Berklee School of Music etc. OR
Diploma or equivalent in the field of music for candidates performing Hindustani or Carnatic Classical Music from any recognized University. OR
Certificate of participation/ awards presented at various events. For such candidates’ performance/ playing of blowing instruments with staff notation as mentioned in Educational QRs.
IAF Musician Selection Process, Physical Test and Syllabus
The selection process consists of Verification of Eligibility, Proficiency Test in Playing Musical Instruments, English Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Adaptability Test-II and Medical Examination. The detailed selection process is as follows:
Verification of Eligibility
To ascertain the prima-facie eligibility, candidates have to carry the following required certificates/ documents which will be scrutinized/ verified at the examination venue prior to commencement of Proficiency Test:
- Original Educational Certificates (10th passing Certificate, mark sheet).
- Other required applicable original documents like NCC A, B or C certificate.
- Children of serving Air Force Personnel (COAFP) certificate (or), Discharge Book, Service Book, Service Particular Certificate/ Casualty Service Certificate (or) Discharge Certificate (if discharged from Army/ Navy/ Government Organisation).
- Consent form.
- Passport size colour photographs.
- Musical experience certificate.
- Domicile proof.
Proficiency Test in Playing Musical Instruments
Candidates will have to undergo Proficiency Test in playing musical instruments which will be conducted individually or with group of instruments.
English Written Test
Candidates qualified in Proficiency Test in playing musical instruments will be allowed for English Written Test on OMR sheet. The Written Test will be objective type and the question paper will comprise of English (30 Questions) as per 10th (Matriculation) CBSE syllabus. The time duration of the written test will be 30 Minutes. Written test result will be declared on the same day.
Marking Pattern for Written Test (Objective):
01 mark for every correct answer.
Nil (0) marks for un-attempted question.
IAF Agniveervayu (Musician) Syllabus
I. A short passage followed by five questions to test comprehension
The questions will be set:
1. To judge understanding of the passage- The theme of the passage; Use of particular expression/ idiom etc; Meaning conveyed in every sentence and development of thought.
2. To draw inference- Author’s attitude in the passage; Why does the author say (something from the passage)? OR His intention in saying something (from the passage).
3. To judge understanding of vocabulary- Replacing words as used in the passage with another word; Synonyms ad Antonyms of words used in the passage.
1. Noun/ Pronoun- Gender, Number and Case; Prepositions in common use; Modals; Determiners- Errors in use of articles (a, an, the), Demonstratives (this, that, these, those), Possessives (my, your, his, etc), Distributives (either, neither, each, every), Quantifiers (some, any, much, many, several, etc), Interrogatives (what, which, whose, etc).
Synonyms and Synonyms in context; Antonyms and Antonyms in context; One word substitution; Spelling pitfalls.
Physical Fitness Test
To qualify in PFT, candidates will have to complete 1.6 Km run within 7 Minutes, 10 Push-ups, 10 Sit-ups and 20 Squats within the stipulated time. Candidates are advised to carry their sports shoes and shorts/ track pants. Detailed procedure on expected technique for Push-ups, Sit-ups and Squats is available on CASB Web Portal.
Adaptability Test 2
Candidates qualified in PFT test will have to undertake Adaptability Test-II as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test-2 is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the Military way of life.
Candidates qualified in Adaptability Test-2 will be medically examined in the month of September 2023 at SMC 11 Wing, AF Tezpur and SMC AFS Begumpet. Medical Examination will be conducted by Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards.
The medical examination will also include Baseline Investigation of Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC; Urine RE/ME; Biochemistry (Blood Sugar Fasting & PP, Serum Cholesterol, Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine, LFT- Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT); X- Ray chest (PA view); ECG (R) and any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical Officer.
Height – Minimum 162 Cms.
Chest – The chest should be well proportioned and well developed with the minimum range of expansion of 5 Cms.
Weight – Proportionate to height and age as applicable for IAF.
Visual Acuity – 6/12 each eye and correctable to 6/6 each.
Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately and should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
Body Tattoo – Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms(inside of elbow to the wrist), back(dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of the palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom Traditions of their tribes may be considered. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit two photographs (close up and distinct view) with details of size and type of the Tattoo.
For selection, Provisional Select List (PSL) will be prepared and the inclusion of candidates in the PSL will depend upon their performance in the recruitment rally. Final enrolment will be strictly in order of merit from the PSL subject to medical fitness, availability of vacancies and meeting other eligibility criteria.
The AISL/ PSL for Intake 02/2023 will be published at 11 ASC, VIP Chowk, Borjhar, Guwahati and 12 ASC, Air Force Station, Begumpet (Secunderabad) on 14 November 2023. The final Enrolment List for IAF Musician Intake 02/2023 will be published on 24 November 2023. The PSL/ Enrolment List will also be available on the official website agnipathvayu.cdac.in.
Selection Programme, Required Documents and Notification
Candidates fulfilling the domicile requirements and eligibility conditions are required to report at 11 ASC Guwahati and 12 ASC Begumpet (Secunderabad) upto 10 AM on 12th September and 15th September 2023 as per the Agniveervayu (Musician) Selection Programme.
The IAF AV Musician Recruitment Rally for all the districts of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim, West Bengal, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and UTs of Daman, Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & UTs of Lakshdweep and Puducherry (including Yanam) for Intake 02/2023 will be conducted as per the Selection Programme below:
Selection Programme for 11 ASC Borjhar Rally:
- For all the districts of State of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim and West Bengal: 12 September to 13 September 2023 (Reporting date 12 Sep 2023)
- For all the districts of State of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Meghalaya, Sikkim and West Bengal: 15 September to 16 September 2023 (Reporting date 15 Sep 2023)
Selection Programme for 12 ASC Begumpet Rally:
- For all the districts of State of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and UTs of Daman, Diu, Dadar and Nagar Haveli: 12 September to 13 September 2023 (Reporting date 12 Sep 2023)
- For all the districts of State of Kerala, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & UTs of Lakshdweep and Puducherry (including Yanam): 15 September to 16 September 2023 (Reporting date 15 Sep 2023)
Musical Instruments, Writing Material and Required Documents:
1. Candidates will have to carry their Musical Instruments for practical test, from the list A & B as mentioned above.
2. HB Pencil, Eraser, Sharpener, Glue Stick, Stapler and Black & Blue Ball Point Pen for writing.
3. Ten un-attested recent (taken not before 06 months) passport size colour photographs (front portrait in light background without head gear except for Sikhs). The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate in front of his chest with his Name and Date of Photograph taken, clearly written on it with white chalk in capital letters.
4. Original and 04 self-attested photocopies of Matriculation passing certificate and marks sheet.
5. Original and 04 self-attested photocopies of Musical Experience Certificate in the field of Music.
6. Original and 04 self-attested photocopies of Domicile Certificate OR Original and 04 self-attested photocopies of duly filled Son of Air Force Personnel (SOAFP) Certificate.
7. NOC in original and 04 self-attested photocopies for candidates presently serving in any Govt organization (if applicable).
8. Original and 04 self-attested photocopies of NCC A, B or C Certificate (if applicable).
9. Original and 04 Self-attested photocopies of Discharge Certificate as issued from Indian Army/ Indian Navy/ Govt Organisation (for candidates discharged from Indian Army/ Indian Navy/ Any other Govt Organisation).
10. Consent Form for Physical Fitness Test and Medical tests.
For the detailed information about Indian Air Force AgniveerVayu Musician Recruitment Rally, you may download the latest official recruitment notification in pdf format below.
Search any information available on this site by the help of the search box above. You may visit later on this page for other latest updates related to IAF Musician Recruitment Rally, Group Y Airmen Vacancy etc.